Welcome to FutureStates
As the world changes we (individuals, organisations, communities and even nations) are in danger of being out of control or, perhaps worse, even being left behind.
FutureStates is about adaptation, change, transition… the future and how to be part of that, not next year but NOW.
We provide advice and training to individuals, institutions, communities and governments on resilience, sustainable development and climate change.
Sustainable development and the resilience process are complex and we recognise that each situation has a unique starting point and a different path; no single, magic formula, no universal solution.
Some of our current assignments:
- Climate Change Adaptation Guidelines ~ Urban Sector, Caribbean
- Climate Change Adaptation for Major Projects, Europe
- Investment/Renewables, West Africa
- Pre-ESIA, Oil and Gas, West Africa
- Mid Term Review, Water and Sanitation, West Africa
- Environmental and Social Impact Assessment, Desalination, Middle East
Some of our recent assignments:
- Environmental and Social Management Framework: Transport and Waste Management Sectors, East Africa
- Evaluation of new telecommunications application for remote areas, Africa
- Technical assistance for the preparation of INDCs, Caribbean
- Monitoring & Evaluation, Power, Water & Sanitation, West Africa
- End of Term Review of Clean Development Mechanism Project, East Africa
- UNFCCC, Paris, Intended Nationally Determined Contributions, Indian Ocean